What is FASTag Balance?
An Electronic Toll Collection was put out for toll plazas by NHAI on National Highways called FASTag Balance. Since the beginning of January 15, 2020, it has been mandatory for all vehicles to have FASTtag. You need to put a FASTag sticker on the vehicle you are driving. This is mandatory and failure to do so will be a punishable act and you may have to pay a penalty. It’s compulsory for both commercial and non-commercial cars to have a FASTag sticker fixed on the windscreen. This rule was laid down by the government so that there’s less traffic at the toll plaza on the national highways. In order for smooth, hassle-free functioning of the cars at the toll plaza, this rule was laid down by the government.
FASTag is that device which employs the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology that helps in paying the toll at the toll plaza. Toll payments are done directly from the prepaid account linked.
The validity of the FASTag is five years after which it expires and once you have a FASTag account, you need to recharge by transferring money into the account as per your needs.
Here’s How You Can Check Your FASTag Balance Online:
Nowadays every bank has a FASTag portal where you can check your balance and recharge it as per your requirement. This portal differs from bank to bank but once you’ve logged in you get the account details.
In FASTag This is How You Can Check Your NHAI Wallet for Your Account Balance:
- Firstly you have to open ‘Play Store’ or ‘App Store’ on your phone.
- After that, you have to download the ‘’ My FASTag App’’ on your mobile device. The following app is compatible with both iOS and Android.
- You have to enter your login details.
- And finally, you can now check the balance amount of your FASTag.
Now with the Help of Missed Call Alert Facility, You Can Check Your Balance:
- The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has come up with a new facility of ‘Missed Call Alert Facility’ that helps the users to check their balance in their account.
- Another way of checking the balance is by giving a missed call on 8884333331. This is possible only if you’ve connected your phone to the NHAI wallet.
- Those who have not connected their numbers to the NHAI wallet will not be able to see their balance and will not be able to use the toll-free number.
- The toll-free number given by the NHAI is available round the clock which means it can be accessed any time of the day.
- If you have connected more than one vehicle to the NHAI wallet you will get a total number of all your accounts’ balances.
The Bottom Line:
FASTag is a way through which we pay toll money at the toll plaza without spending much time actually doing the transaction of giving the money. This is because now everything happens online. Your cash is deducted from your NHAI wallet at the toll plaza. FASTag is compulsory for all the vehicles passing through the toll plaza. It was started to reduce the traffic at the toll plazas. This has helped the RTO by reducing the burden of collecting money from each car and everything is online. For more check out FASTag Balance check on Finserv MARKETS.